About Lowell Resources Funds Management
Lowell Resources Funds Management Ltd ("LRFM" or "The Manager") manages the Lowell Resources Fund ("LRF") Portfolio, where it has had a successful track record for 16 years.
The Manager operates through an Investment Committee which incorporates the experience and knowledge of individuals who have direct working experience in the minerals and energy industries, geosciences, broking, banking, and funds management.
LRF unitholders are provided with broad exposure to the junior mining and energy sectors in a Portfolio that is actively managed by the Manager in accordance with its investment philosophy and stock-selection criteria.
The fund's objective is to take profits when available and will realise investments once targets are reached or can no longer be achieved.
The Lowell Resources Fund is a unique investment opportunity
- One of the very few long term investment funds that offers exposure to the junior resources sector in both minerals and energy across Australia and global stock exchanges in unlisted and listed companies
Successful track record for 16 years
- Superior performance over the short, medium and long term
- Deep technical, financial and commercial expertise and networks with experience through multiple cycles
Unique network - not easily replicated
- Access to deal flow in public and private markets
- Proven ability to generate returns throughout the cycle
- Potential for structured investment opportunities through consultant relationships
Fund valuation summary
The most recent Net Asset Value of Lowell Resources Fund can be found in the Announcements page within the Investor Centre in this website. The estimated NAV per unit of the Trust at 30 September 2020 was $1.40/unit (post 10 for 1 split).
Top 6 holdings as at 31 December 2020
As at 31 December 2020, the Fund's largest invested position was in Musgrave Minerals (ASX.MGV). Musgrave is focused on gold exploration in Western Australia at its Cue Gold Project where it is expanding its 100% owned high grade Break of Day resource.
- 7% I Musgrave Minerals (ASX:MGV) – Gold, Australia
- 7% I De Grey Mining (ASX:DEG) – Gold, Australia
- 7% I Centaurus Metals (ASX:CTM) – Nickel, Brazil
- 6% I Predictive Discovery (ASX:PDI) – Gold, Africa
- 6% I Genesis Minerals (ASX:GMD) – Gold, Australia
- 4% I Liontown Resources (ASX:LTR) – Lithium, Australia
- 3% I Cash
Characteristics of the Fund
Nature of fund: Long only, absolute return fund
Investee companies: Junior resource companies, including gold, base and specialty metals,and energy
Investment type: Focus on global listed and unlisted resource equities
Distribution policy: 100% of taxable profits distributed annually